Connect with us

NEWS

BREAKING: ICE flips script on Los Angeles mayor after telling authorities to ‘go home’

Published

on

ICE flips script on Los Angeles mayor after telling authorities to 'go home'

Immigration and Customs Enforcement clapped back at Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass after she suggested that federal immigration authorities “go home.”

“We would like for the ICE raids to stop. We would like the array of federal officials or civilians dressed as federal officials to go home,” she said at a news conference on Tuesday held in response to the Department of Justice’s lawsuit against the city’s sanctuary policies.

When asked if there could be a deal made between ICE and the Department of Homeland Security, she doubled down.

LA MAYOR BASS CLAIMS IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT CREATING GHOST TOWN EFFECT COMPARABLE TO COVID LOCKDOWNS

Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass speaking at a press conference
Mayor Karen Bass speaks at a prayer vigil in Grand Park as a curfew goes into effect after days of protests in Los Angeles on June 10, 2025. (Patrick T. Fallon/AFP via Getty Images)
“I don’t know if there’s a deal to be made. Like I told you, the deal that needs to be made is for them to go home,” the Democrat said.

ICE flips script on Los Angeles mayor after telling authorities to 'go home'

ICE directly responded, noting that they will continue their operations in the city and in the region.

“ICE isn’t going anywhere and will continue to do what Mayor Bass has utterly failed to do – protect the citizens of Los Angeles. If she wants distance from federal law enforcement, I’m sure there is an upcoming diplomatic trip to Ghana,” Emily Covington, assistant director, ICE Office of Public Affairs, said in a statement to Fox News.

LA MAYOR HITS BACK AT TRUMP MARINE DEPLOYMENTS SAYING ‘WE DON’T WANT THEM HERE’

Protesters confront ICE agents during California immigration raid
Residents surround federal and Border Patrol agents after an immigrant raid in Bell, California, on June 19, 2025. (Genaro Molina/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)
The comment hearkened back to the mayor’s controversial visit to the African country earlier this year, which she visited to attend the country’s presidential inauguration.

She returned from the trip as fires were ripping through the city of Los Angeles, which destroyed significant portions of the beach-side community of Pacific Palisades.

The National Weather Service warned about the fire risk before she left on the trip, and the Los Angeles Times reported that her staff were aware that fires were possible. Bass later expressed regret over the trip, saying it was a mistake to travel at the time.

“Absolutely it is, and I think that I have to demonstrate that every day by showing what we’re doing, what is working, what are the challenges,” Bass said in an interview with NBC Los Angeles in February.

MAYOR KAREN BASS’ HANDLING OF LA RIOTS ADDS TO DECADES OF POLITICAL BAGGAGE

Rioter in LA
A rioter waves a Mexican national flag next to a car on fire during a protest following federal immigration operations in the Compton neighborhood of Los Angeles on June 7, 2025. (Getty Images)
The mayor re-entered the national spotlight in June as anti-ICE protests and riots broke out in the city, amid news that the agency was conducting illegal immigration sweeps in the area. President Donald Trump then deployed the National Guard, which resulted in a legal challenge from Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom. Bass said ICE and the National Guard served as instigators for the civil unrest, which she condemned the violent elements of while encouraging peaceful protest.

“Last Thursday, ICE entered our city and provoked the city by chasing people through Home Depots and car washes and showing up at schools and, today, showing up at emergency rooms and homeless shelters,” Bass said last month.

“ICE intervened as a pretext to federalize the National Guard, and then, in the White House, the National Guard was complimented for the work that they did to keep peace in the city Saturday night. But I will tell you, the Guard didn’t even arrive here until Sunday. They used this as a pretext to send the U.S. Marines into an American city, which will target our own citizens,” she added.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Taylor Swift stuns in pleated mini skirt with Travis Kelce in first outing since engagement
NFL3 hours ago

Taylor Swift BLASTED and ROASTED after recently spotted in pleated mini skirt together with Travis Kelce in first outing since engagement and Baby Bump: “Too old for that skirt, I know she’s rich, but this 35 yo woman, constantly dresses like she’s a tween”

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Marries
NFL4 hours ago

JUST IN: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce MARRY in Secret Ceremony Days After Engagement – Fans Shocked Not by the Wedding, But by Taylor’s New Short Hair and the Surprising Reason Behind It… See the Full Guest List and Taylor’s Mysterious “Big News” Hint That Has Everyone Talking… Plus Exclusive Clearer Photos

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Engaged
NFL4 hours ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s VERY Short Wedding Guest List and Date Revealed… Only 5 Celebrities Invited Aside From Family – Even Chiefs Players Left Out

Travis Kelce moving in with Taylor Swift
NFL11 hours ago

Why Taylor Swift and fiancé Travis Kelce STILL haven’t moved in together despite their engagement, and it’s a RULE she will NEVER break even if she gets Married and have Kids

Travis Kelce
NFL12 hours ago

He Didn’t Post a Thing – But What Travis Kelce Did for Minneapolis’ Grieving Families Says Everything “He’s the definition of a class act”

Bruce Willis
NFL12 hours ago

Bruce Willis, the 70-year-old movie icon, has reportedly moved into a new home with 24/7 care, separate from his wife, Emma, and their children. He can no longer speak or remember that he was once a famous actor amid his battle with dementia, but there’s only one shocking thing he remembers

Taylor Swift and her Exes
NFL1 day ago

Taylor Swift’s body language with Travis Kelce proves he’s The One… and reveals the exes who were her most toxic

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift engaged
NFL2 days ago

“It’s all a LIE!, There’s NO Engagement, but an advanced Promotion Tactics to ‘milking us for every dime’ – Eagle-Eyed fans SPOTS a CRUCIAL Hidden detail in Taylor Swift’s engagement to Travis Kelce that Everyone Missed

Trump reacts to Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce engagement
NFL2 days ago

BREAKING: Few Hours after Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce announced their engagement, US President Trump posted a sarcastic congratulatory post “I congratulate the two of them Travis Kelce, he will not have a smooth life from now on because… See more

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift engaged
NFL2 days ago

Travis Kelce’s dad reveals Taylor Swift wanted to Propose to the Chiefs Star because she was getting ‘antsy’ about him taking too long to propose

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift engaged
NFL2 days ago

Taylor Swift is a reminder to us ladies that you can get your fairytale ending after 30… Full Video

Taylor Swift's ex Joe Alwyn breaks silence on the Popstar and Travis Kelce engagement: 'Paper rings? Never!'
NFL3 days ago

Taylor Swift’s ex Joe Alwyn breaks silence on the Popstar and Travis Kelce engagement: ‘Paper rings? Never!’

Copyright © 2025 USAlod