Connect with us

NEWS

10 Minutes Ago: TRUMP Faces Despair After IRAN Heavily Retaliates and DESTROYS… See More

Published

on

Trump attacks Iran

As Benjamin Netanyahu stood at the podium in the Israeli prime minister’s office this morning, he did not at first address the Israeli people in Hebrew, to update them on the latest, dramatic development in this, his latest war.

Instead he spoke in English, speaking directly to, and lavishing praise upon, US President Donald Trump after the US bombed Iranian nuclear sites.

If Netanyahu’s tone was triumphant, and the smile barely suppressed, it is hardly surprising. He has spent most of his political career obsessed with the threat he believes Iran poses to Israel.

Netanyahu has spent much of the last 15 years attempting to persuade his American allies that only military action (and only American munitions) could destroy Iran’s nuclear weapons programme.

While congratulating Trump for a bold decision that “will change history”, Netanyahu can also congratulate himself on changing the mind of a US president who campaigned against overseas military adventures, and whose supporters were overwhelmingly opposed to joining Israel’s war against Iran.

It should also be noted that Trump’s own intelligence agencies had not shared Israel’s assessment of how quickly Iran could seek to build a nuclear weapon, nor indeed whether it had taken the decision to do so.

US vs Iran

Throughout this conflict, which began just 10 days ago, Israel’s government and military have insisted that Israel had the capacity to deal with the Iranian threat on its own.

But it was no secret that only America possessed the massive ordnance capable of dealing with the strongest levels of protection around Iran’s nuclear facilities, particularly at Fordo, built deep inside a mountain.

If the nuclear sites bombed last night are now indeed out of use then Israel’s prime minister will be able to declare his main war aim complete, perhaps bringing this conflict closer to an end. For its part, Iran says it had already moved its nuclear material out.

But without last night’s bombing, Israel would have continued working its way down the long list of targets its air force has spent years drawing up.

Damage would continue to have been inflicted on the Iranian military, on its commanders, on nuclear scientists, on government infrastructure and on the parts of the nuclear programme accessible to Israel’s bombs.

But Netanyahu may have been denied a clear point at which Israel could say the nuclear threat had been definitively neutralised. Perhaps only regime change in Iran could have delivered that moment.

The B2 bombers have undoubtedly changed the trajectory of the war. Whether it escalates even further will depend on how Iran and its allies respond.

Last week Iran’s supreme leader had vowed to hit back at the US were it to enter the war. “The Americans should know that any US military intervention will undoubtedly be accompanied by irreparable damage,” Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei had said a US military intervention would cause “irreparable damage”
Only on Saturday the Houthi group in Yemen – staunch Iranian allies – had threatened to attack US ships transiting through the Red Sea if America entered the war.

American military personnel, businesses, and citizens in the region are now potential targets. Iran can strike back in multiple ways, should it so chose, attacking US warships, or bases in the Gulf, and potentially disrupting the flow of oil from the Gulf, and sending the price of petrol soaring.

The US has signalled that, for now, its military action is over, and it has no interest in bringing down the government in Tehran.

That may encourage Iran to limit its response, perhaps attacking US targets in ways that do not lead to high casualties, or using proxies in the region to do the same.

Iran chose to follow this course after Trump ordered the assassination of Iranian Revolutionary Guard leader Qasem Soleimani in 2020. On Saturday night, the US president repeated his own threat to Iran, to use overwhelming force to counter any retaliation.

This morning the whole of the Middle East is holding its breath, waiting to see whether this marks the beginning of the end of this conflict, or the beginning of an even more deadly phase to the war.

Taylor Swift stuns in pleated mini skirt with Travis Kelce in first outing since engagement
NFL3 hours ago

Taylor Swift BLASTED and ROASTED after recently spotted in pleated mini skirt together with Travis Kelce in first outing since engagement and Baby Bump: “Too old for that skirt, I know she’s rich, but this 35 yo woman, constantly dresses like she’s a tween”

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Marries
NFL4 hours ago

JUST IN: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce MARRY in Secret Ceremony Days After Engagement – Fans Shocked Not by the Wedding, But by Taylor’s New Short Hair and the Surprising Reason Behind It… See the Full Guest List and Taylor’s Mysterious “Big News” Hint That Has Everyone Talking… Plus Exclusive Clearer Photos

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Engaged
NFL4 hours ago

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s VERY Short Wedding Guest List and Date Revealed… Only 5 Celebrities Invited Aside From Family – Even Chiefs Players Left Out

Travis Kelce moving in with Taylor Swift
NFL12 hours ago

Why Taylor Swift and fiancé Travis Kelce STILL haven’t moved in together despite their engagement, and it’s a RULE she will NEVER break even if she gets Married and have Kids

Travis Kelce
NFL12 hours ago

He Didn’t Post a Thing – But What Travis Kelce Did for Minneapolis’ Grieving Families Says Everything “He’s the definition of a class act”

Bruce Willis
NFL13 hours ago

Bruce Willis, the 70-year-old movie icon, has reportedly moved into a new home with 24/7 care, separate from his wife, Emma, and their children. He can no longer speak or remember that he was once a famous actor amid his battle with dementia, but there’s only one shocking thing he remembers

Taylor Swift and her Exes
NFL1 day ago

Taylor Swift’s body language with Travis Kelce proves he’s The One… and reveals the exes who were her most toxic

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift engaged
NFL2 days ago

“It’s all a LIE!, There’s NO Engagement, but an advanced Promotion Tactics to ‘milking us for every dime’ – Eagle-Eyed fans SPOTS a CRUCIAL Hidden detail in Taylor Swift’s engagement to Travis Kelce that Everyone Missed

Trump reacts to Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce engagement
NFL2 days ago

BREAKING: Few Hours after Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce announced their engagement, US President Trump posted a sarcastic congratulatory post “I congratulate the two of them Travis Kelce, he will not have a smooth life from now on because… See more

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift engaged
NFL2 days ago

Travis Kelce’s dad reveals Taylor Swift wanted to Propose to the Chiefs Star because she was getting ‘antsy’ about him taking too long to propose

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift engaged
NFL2 days ago

Taylor Swift is a reminder to us ladies that you can get your fairytale ending after 30… Full Video

Taylor Swift's ex Joe Alwyn breaks silence on the Popstar and Travis Kelce engagement: 'Paper rings? Never!'
NFL3 days ago

Taylor Swift’s ex Joe Alwyn breaks silence on the Popstar and Travis Kelce engagement: ‘Paper rings? Never!’

Copyright © 2025 USAlod